Business Studies is a new GCSE at Brymore and we will be following the Edexcel GCSE (9-1) course. The new course is 100% exam so developing exam technique will be an essential part of our work during the two years.
Unit 1 – Investigating small business (1hour 30 min exam)
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship – Dynamic nature of business, risk and reward, role of business enterprise
- Spotting a business opportunity – customer needs, market research, market segmentation, competitive environment.
- Putting a business idea into practice– aims and objectives, revenue, costs and profits, cash flow, sources of finance.
- Making a business effective – – business ownerships, location, marketing mix, business plans.
- Understanding external influences on a business – stakeholders, technology, legislation, economy, external influences.
Unit 2 – Building a Business (1hour 30 min exam)
- Growing the business – Business growth, sources of finance, business objectives, globalisation and ethics.
- Making marketing decisions – Product, price, place, promotion.
- Making operational decisions – Production methods, stock control, quality control, sales process
- Making financial decisions – Business calculations, understanding business performance,
- Making human resource decisions – business structures, recruitment, training and motivation.
Head of ICT/Business – Mr M Dickson