The boarding provision at Brymore defines the nature of the school and makes an exceptional contribution to the overall pastoral care and personal development of all our boys.
Statement of Principles and Practice
“To ensure that the students of Brymore achieve by providing an outstanding all-round experience, insisting upon high expectations, effective partnerships and creating a safe and supporting environment”
Our aims for the Boarding Community
We believe that boys should be exposed to a breadth of education that only a boarding environment can provide, with the values, self-confidence and personality gained in a caring family atmosphere. The staff endeavour to create a nurturing and supportive environment that allows students to grow and develop emotionally, physically, morally, socially and educationally.
Objectives of Boarding
- To provide a happy, safe secure environment for our boarders to live in and thrive.
- To enable all boys and families the opportunity to experience boarding at Brymore
- Ensure a fun and open environment that promotes friendships that will last a lifetime.
- To treat and be treated by other boys and staff with respect and dignity.
- To promote and practice the schools 3 R’s through the boarding experience.
- Helped to realise their ambitions and goals to attain personal fulfilment.
- To develop the skills and knowledge required to become independent and experience a range of opportunities to lead and take responsibility for themselves and others
- Provide regular opportunities to make a positive contribution to the Brymore and wider community.
- To ensure a fair and consistent approach is achieved across all houses.
- Provide a personal centred approach to individual development and expression, whilst maintaining the key school ethos and core values.